Atkins diet: recipes of the first phase and a table of carbohydrates + reviews and menus
The low-carbohydrate diet of Akinx has been popular all over the world for more than forty years. Initially, the American cardiologist developed it personally for himself and lost weight so that everyone around him became interested in his method of weight correction. Subsequently, more than 50 million people took advantage of the "Hollywood" diet and achieved amazing results. Why "Hollywood"?Yes, because her admirers were many famous people. Among them are Robbie Williams, Jennifer Aniston, Brad Pitt and Catherine Zeta Jones. The Atkins diet reminds us of our popular Kremlin food system. The reason for the similarity is that it was the principles of Atkins that were the basis of the domestic methodology.
- What is the essence of
- The rules of the first phase of
- What is during the reduction phase of
- It is important to know
- Rules for the second phase of
- All about simple and complex carbohydrates
- Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
What is the essence of
Robert Atkins,, set a goal to make his body use the accumulated fat as a source of energy. He also wanted to get rid of excessive cravings for sweets and food addiction. Emu managed to achieve this by constantly maintaining the level of glucose in the blood.
Many people are interested in how difficult it is to tolerate the Atkins diet - the feedback from slimming people suggests that it's easy to get used to a diet, especially if there is a good incentive. The essence of the diet is to minimize the intake of carbohydrates, which are the cause of excess weight. The body, feeling the lack of energy, is forced to rebuild its metabolism so that it begins to process fat stores. From this people become slimmer.
The new revolutionary Atkins diet not only helps to lose weight, it relieves the body of many diseases and their precursors. Together with fats, toxins go away, and this positively affects the general condition. Plus, protein nutrition eliminates the sharp changes in blood glucose levels. Sugar is normalized by eating foods with a low glycemic index. And if the sugar is normal, then you can forget about headaches, joint and muscle pains, fatigue and melancholy.
This method is contraindicated to nursing mothers, pregnant women and people with diseased kidneys. The rest of the Atkins diet is right - feedback and survey results show that most people really have lost weight and got rid of many health problems.
Robert Atkins Diet consists of two phases. The first phase lasts two weeks, the second - the rest of his life, at least, so the author himself said.
The story of losing weight of Marina Afrikantova on 25 kg: "For some time I was sitting on kefir and apples, on the Kremlin diet, on the vaunted diet of Dukan, then ate some vegetables for a week, tried to exclude carbohydrates in general, but the effect of such diets was very short. "
Rules for the first phase
The first phase is a reduction phase. Its main task is to prepare the body for new dietary rules. During this time, metabolic processes change, the person is physically and psychologically accustomed to a new lifestyle.
The first week of the reduction phase will not be very easy. But the adaptation period is always this way. After all, the body learns how to spend internal resources and minimizes weight exactly at this phase. The diet of Dr. Atkins seems strict only in the first days. If you adhere to certain rules, you can achieve results that will exceed all your expectations.
- Rule 1. The consumption of carbohydrates during this period is minimized to 20 grams per day. Will exceed - do not lose weight.20 grams of carbohydrates equals three teaspoons of sugar or one bun. So forget about snacks and fast food. If you are interested in the Atkins diet, the table of carbohydrates must be before your eyes, especially in the early days.
- Rule 2. You do not need to observe the limits in the amount of food and calories, but you need it when you really want, not for the company. Overeat to pain in the stomach is strictly forbidden, it is better to suppress a slight feeling of hunger with crisps or other permissible snacks.
- Rule 3. Strict restrictions apply to tastings and samples. If you are not sure of the product, do not try it. Even a small amount of excess carbohydrates will prevent weight loss. If you are afraid to get confused in the carbohydrate table, but you still like the Atkins diet, the sample menu should hang in a prominent place in the kitchen as a landmark. No product in the menu - avoid it at all.
- Rule 4. For all 14 days, products that combine fat, protein and carbohydrates must be strictly excluded. But combinations without carbohydrates are allowed. For example, mayonnaise, cream and olive oil can be consumed without restrictions.
What is during the reduction phase of
The Atkins diet recipes of the first phase suggest making up of the products that are listed below.
- Meat - beef, pork, lamb, ham, bacon, dry sausage. But always read the composition of meat products, some of them contain carbohydrate fillers, so they can not be eaten.
- Fish - sardines, salmon, tuna, herring, mackerel and seafood, not containing carbohydrates.
- Bird - ducks, chickens, game, geese, turkeys, partridges, quail.
- Eggs in any form.
- Cheeses are all kinds, but you need to read the information on the package in order to choose the smallest carbohydrate content.
- Vegetables - lettuce leaves, chicory, Peking cabbage, fennel, celery, cucumber, paprika, radish, olives, mushrooms. Salads can be filled with any oil, lemon juice, vinegar and spices. Sour cream is also allowed to be used as a refueling, but it is necessary to take into account the amount of carbohydrates per day.
Low-carb diet Atkins allows you to eat spinach, zucchini, asparagus, avocado, artichokes, tomatoes, eggplant, bamboo shoots in limited quantities.
Drinks can be water without gases and unsweetened herbal teas. Sweeteners can be added, but not those that end in -os( sucrose, maltose, fructose).Saccharin or cyclamate does not contain carbohydrates and is an approved substitute.
This is important to know
- The first phase of the diet completely excludes sweets, bread, fruits and starchy vegetables.
- Labels on products should always be checked for carbohydrates, which are often completely unexpected.
- Use the culinary fantasy to the fullest. The list of products is varied and allows you to cook very tasty, combining the allowed ingredients. The Atkins diet recipes are certain, of course, has. But it's not a fact that your tastes will coincide with the preferences of other people.
- Many nutritionists recommend drinking dietary supplements. The most useful are chromium, l-carnitine and multivitamin complex.
- You need to drink plenty of water - at least eight glasses a day.
The rules of the second phase of
The new revolutionary diet of Dr. Atkins is attractive because the rules of the second, supporting phase, everyone should make for himself. When the body has already learned to direct energy in the right direction, it remains for the small. It is necessary to find the appropriate level of carbohydrate intake specifically for your body by the method of tests. To do this, you will need a scales and a complete table of the Atkins diet.
Gradually adding to the diet a small number of useful types of carbohydrates, you need to weigh each day and monitor the dynamics of weight changes. Once you start to recover, you need to limit the intake of carbohydrate food a little. Remember the amount of carbohydrates in numbers - this will be your golden mean. So you will completely control all the processes in the body. It will be necessary to reset more - reduce the figure, need less - increase.
Due to the individual approach to the problem of excess weight, the Atkins diet does not provide a monthly menu. You, of course, can make it yourself, but thirty days is a long time, for such a period many things can change. For example, in the country, vegetables that are not included in the ration will ripen. Or you will want to eat young potatoes( and this is a solid carbohydrate) and then have to count everything. In everyday life, it happens different, therefore, if you have already decided to make a diet for yourself in the near future, then take a shorter period.
The best option for making a diet for the Atkins diet is a menu for a week. If you go on vacation, then find out immediately what they feed. You may need to adjust your records on the spot. Although, on vacation many do not want to bother at all and temporarily suspend the process of losing weight. In that case, having arrived home, it is necessary to begin all from the first phase. If you are not going to take breaks, then the Atkins diet table should always be with you.
All about simple and complex carbohydrates
Advantages and disadvantages of the diet
The benefits in this diet are much greater than in others, and the disadvantages are much less. Adhering to all the rules, in the first phase you can lose more than six kilograms. This is not very much, but, you see, the food is also not meager. If a mono-diet can save you ten kilograms or more in such a time, health problems can not be avoided in the future. And the Atkins diet is calculated in detail, the hungry does not count and does not violate any processes in the body. In the second phase, you can lose weight until your own needs are fully satisfied.
The drawbacks often include the same mathematical calculations on the table. But they seem difficult only at the first time. Another disadvantage in the diet is that the second phase lasts a lifetime. So the author of the method said, it was so convenient for him, but this does not mean that you have to repeat his feat. Lose weight as much as you need. Enjoy life, love yourself and be beautiful!
By the secret of
Have you ever tried to get rid of excess weight? Judging by the fact that you read these lines - the victory was not on your side.
Tortious diets did not bring the desired result, and going to the gym is uncomfortable and constantly lacks time? It's understandable, in the home-work-house mode, there simply is not enough nerves and forces to comply with the diet and exhausting workouts of
. Therefore, we decided to recommend reading the interview of a girl who lost 25 kg a month without exhausting diets and stress. Read the interview & gt; & gt;