How to cook delicious energy bars with your own hands?
If you are an active lifestyle or go in for sports, you probably know how often it is important to eat and drink in time. The ideal snack option is the energy bar. And what is it? And can it be cooked at home?
What is it?
Energy bars can be found today not only in sports nutrition stores, but also in some supermarkets. And what is it? This bar is a tile, similar to a chocolate bar and consists of ingredients that allow you to get a charge of vivacity.
All bars can be conditionally divided into several groups:
- Carbohydrate. Carbohydrates are the main source of energy, so they must be present in the diet.
- Protein( protein).Protein is extremely necessary for the normal operation of muscles with their active work( for example, during training).
- Vitamin. Vitamins in sports and active lifestyle are also necessary.
- Combined. They can contain both carbohydrates, and vitamins and proteins. Such a bar not only gives energy, but also ensures the normal work of muscles and improve health.
What to choose? It all depends on your goals. For intensive training, protein bars will be optimal, to get energy - carbohydrates, vitality or combined vitality to increase vitality.
How is it?
How to use energy bars? Here are some useful recommendations:
- Carbohydrate bars are better to eat before training, to get a boost of energy and exercise more effectively. Eat one tile half an hour before classes, and you will feel a surge of energy.
- During training, muscles are actively working, and after class they must be restored. It's time to eat a protein bar that will make up for protein and will feed muscle tissue.
- Combined bars can be sutra or in the morning instead of snack.
Do not abuse, because the caloric content of the bars is very high. One or two a day is enough. In addition, do not eat such bars for the night, calories and carbohydrates will not have time to burn, and everything will go "in reserve."
Can I cook at home?
How to prepare energy bars at home? It is not difficult to do this! Below about everything in detail.
What ingredients can be a part of?
Here's what you can do with bars:
- Cereals. This option is ideal, because useful cereals are solid carbohydrates. But it is worth noting that these carbohydrates are correct, that is, they are consumed slowly, and not broken off on the abdomen, hips and other problem areas in the form of extra pounds.
- Nuts are a source of protein and essential fatty acids for the body. A handful of nuts will not hurt anyone.
- Fruits and berries. This is not only tasty, but also useful. They contain vitamins, fiber, minerals, various macro- and microelements.
- Dried fruits. A handful of dried fruits will help saturate and replenish energy reserves.
- Chocolate or cocoa. There is an invigorating caffeine, as well as carbohydrates.
- Honey is a wonderful vitamin product that will give the bar a pleasant taste.
We offer several recipes for energy bars.
You will need:
- 200 grams prunes;
- 200 grams of dried apricots;
- 100 grams of dried cranberries;
- 100 grams of roasted peanuts;
- 100 grams of walnuts;
- 50 grams of sesame seeds;
- 50 grams of flax seeds. How to prepare:
- Dried fruits and dried cranberries fill with warm water for 10-20 minutes, so that everything softens. Then, immerse it all in a meat grinder or blender and grind it to a homogeneous mass.
- Peanuts and walnuts are broken by hand or cut into small pieces with a knife( you can also use a blender for grinding).
- Mix the mass of dried fruits with nuts.
- Form sausages, roll them in flax seeds and in sesame seeds, wrap in foil or parchment and clean for several hours in the fridge.
Recipe for the second
The set of ingredients is as follows:
- 100 grams of hazelnut;
- 100 grams of almonds;
- 50 grams of coconut chips;
- 100 grams of sunflower seeds;
- 100 grams of dried pineapple;
- 400 grams of oatmeal;
- 100 grams of honey;
- 50 grams of butter.
- First pour oat flakes, coconut shavings, almonds, seeds and hazelnuts into the pan. Fry everything without adding oil for about 5-10 minutes.
- Cut the pineapples into pieces, add to the rest of the ingredients.
- In a water bath, melt the butter, add the honey, mix everything to homogeneity.
- Combine honey and butter with the rest of the ingredients, mix everything thoroughly.
- Baking tray with baking paper, lay out the mass.
- Remove the pan for 3-4 hours in the refrigerator.
- Energy bars prepared by your own hands, ready!
Recipe for the third
Here's what you will need:
- 100 grams of dried cherries;
- 1 cup muesli;
- 100 grams of dates;
- 50 grams of pumpkin seeds;
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder;
- 3 tablespoons of cane sugar;
- 50 grams of honey;
- 50 grams of butter.
- Pumpkin seeds and muesli fry in a pan until golden brown( do not overdo it!).You do not need to add any oils.
- Cut cherries and dates into small pieces.
- Now prepare the syrup-fill. In a water bath, melt the butter. Add sugar and wait until it completely melts. Then remove the container from the water bath, add honey and cocoa, mix everything.
- Mix seeds and nuts with dates and cherries, pour in syrup. Thoroughly mix everything.
- Take a plastic container, cover it with foil, put the resulting mass in the even layer.
- Remove the container to the refrigerator for several hours.
- Enjoy energy bars!
Prepare delicious and healthy energy bars and charge yourself and your family with energy.