Why are delayed monthly - the reasons
The delay of menstruation is quite normal, and for the life of each woman at least once faced this, let's say, unpleasantness. But not everyone knows why the monthly lingers, but in addition to the obvious reason - pregnancy - there are several other factors that we will talk about in this article.
The period of delay of monthly
The period during which the monthly can be delayed, but experts do not recommend to be nervous about it - this is one to three days. Even a five-day expectation of menstruation is considered the norm.
If the delay lasts for more than a week, a month or no menstruation at all, it is worthwhile to think about the reasons and, if necessary, contact a specialist.
The main reasons for the delay of the monthly
- The first reason that comes to mind, even sometimes those who have not had a sexual relationship for a long time - is pregnancy. Therefore, if the delay lasts for a week( provided that there is still a sexual life), it is better to do a pregnancy test. Even if you use reliable contraceptives, they do not give you 100% guarantee, so do not rule out the possibility of pregnancy.
- Long-term stress. This reason is the second most popular, as the modern pace of life simply does not allow us to avoid tension and nerves. How does this relate to the menstrual cycle? The fact that stresses cause a malfunction in the brain, in connection with which there is a disruption of the work of such organs as the uterus and the ovaries, the cycle is broken. The best way to bring everything back to normal is to calm down and let yourself rest.
- The most unpleasant reason for the delay, which any woman can face, is a gynecological disease. In addition to the delay, symptoms such as weakness, excessive discharge can be observed. If you find something like this, do not hesitate to contact your doctor, since a neglected disease is more difficult to cure, and it can lead to unpleasant consequences.
- If you are taking contraceptives, think about them first if you find a delay. Hormonal medication can provoke a delay both at its reception, and at the termination.
- Incorrect power. Especially this applies to those women who, in an effort to lose weight, begin to limit themselves in food and, consequently, in those vitamins and microelements necessary for the body to function properly. In addition, a sharp decrease in weight can provoke gynecological diseases. You need to protect your health, giving in to the desire to lose weight.
- Interruption of pregnancy. After this procedure, regardless of the way it is conducted, the delay will be normal.
- Climate change.
- Lack of vitamins.
- Excessive physical activity.
If you notice that the delay lasts for about a week or more, try analyzing your lifestyle in accordance with the above points and take action - this is either a pregnancy test, a change in the regime of loads and nutrition, or contacting a specialist for advice and a fullexamination for diseases.