How to properly stretch the muscles
Movement is life, and sport is a daily victory over oneself. People who regularly play sports know perfectly well how important is the proper stretching of muscles.
Be sure to perform stretching before training. Well-stretched muscles are less prone to injury, faster recover after intense training. After you have finished the workout, the warmed muscles are also a good idea to stretch a bit. At this time they are more malleable, and you almost do not experience discomfort when stretching.
Modern people lead a sedentary lifestyle. Our work is such that we sit for a long time in stuffy rooms in front of the monitor screen, keeping fixed tension in the back for 8-10 hours a day. If this is about you, get yourself a useful habit of regularly stretching your muscles. If you often feel back pain from sitting at a table for a whole day - help your back and neck to relieve this tension - stretch and stretch. Consider just a set of exercises for stretching muscles or stretching - for the average citizen who works in the office.
We stretch all muscle groups
Specialists of the American College of Sports Medicine recommend stretching necessarily for all muscle groups twice a week.1 minute for each group. And this applies not only to athletes. Flexibility of muscles and ligaments is important for all categories of people. Proper stretching of muscles helps maintain excellent mobility for years to come, and muscle stretching exercises are so simple that they can be performed by a person at any age.
For example, regular stretching can help keep your thigh and hamstrings flexible even in old age, when they are most vulnerable.
The main advantages of muscle stretching include:
- increase in flexibility, muscle strength and endurance, joint mobility, range of motion, sense of body control;
- increased circulation, by sending oxygen and blood to the muscles;
- build muscle and force by stretching the fascia( connective tissue surrounding the muscle, tendon, nerve and bone).
- reduction of injuries( acceleration of their healing) and muscle pain,
- removal of muscular and articular tension( clamps), emaciation of muscles;
- blood flow promotes leaching of decay products and muscle tone to a new approach;The
- makes doing strenuous activities easier, by training the muscles.
Simple stretching exercises
- Stand upright, feet shoulder width apart, knees slightly bent.
- Lean forward, placing your hands just above your knees.
- Round the back, so that the chest is as if concave and the shoulders leaned forward.
- Then do the reverse movement: curl back, chest forward, shoulders back.
- Repeat several times.
Exercise for stretching the neck muscles
Can be performed both standing and sitting( important for office workers)
- straighten the back and neck
- slightly tilt your head to the right shoulder, feel how muscles are stretched.
- With your right hand, gently pull your head even lower, as if overcoming muscle resistance. Hold at a maximum slope for 30-40 seconds.
- Repeat to the other side.
Those who regularly attend fitness, know what it is. Static stretching is done until you feel discomfort in the stretch muscles. At this time, you need to lock in this position for 30 seconds, and then relax.
Stretch the following muscle groups:
- Large and small pectoral muscles: twists of the trunk, suspension on the support or supports, stretching on a Swedish wall or a horizontal bar.
- Muscles of the back: hang on the horizontal bar, perform the sidewall sideways retention with the support, the back stretching in the cat's pose.
- Muscles of the neck and shoulders: we perform the head tilt to the sides, horizontal casting, the lock behind the back.
- Muscles of the hands: vertical stretching up, hanging on the crossbar with a back grip, putting an arm behind the head.
- Hand muscles: extension and bending of the fingers in the "lock" position, flexing the wrist with the other hand.
- Quadriceps: flexing the leg in the knee while standing, flexing the thigh with the support of the knee;and hamstrings: extension of the thigh with an elongated knee.
- Muscles of the leg: traction of the hands to the legs sitting, stretching with an emphasis on the heel.
- Buttocks: the rotation of the hip lying on the floor, bringing the hip standing, flexing and inner rotation of the thigh.
- Leg muscles: hip sitting and kneeling, with emphasis on the knees.
- Muscles of the abdomen: straight and oblique - lying on the abdomen with an emphasis on the elbows, a lateral bias with support for the support, the bridge, the slopes to the side with the restraint of the body-bar.
Now that you know how to properly stretch the muscles, do not forget to pamper your body with these exercises. Your muscles and ligaments will be very grateful to you.