Neuritis of the auditory nerve, symptoms and treatment
Specialists note that city dwellers have a neuritis of the auditory nerve more often than people living in rural areas. Probably this is due to the fact that in large cities, a constant negative impact of background noise on the person's hearing appears. It can also be noted that the disease is more common in people working in large and noisy shops, etc.
Causes of development ofThe risk of developing neuritis of the auditory nerve increases with the following factors:
- flu disease( it should be noted that the flu quite often complicates the auditory nerve);
- disease with mumps( complications are more common in elderly people);
- a disease with meningococcal meningitis;
- transferred infectious diseases( including typhoid, measles, etc.);
- a disease with scarlet fever( especially often a complication is observed in adolescents);
- disease with atherosclerosis;
- for diseases of metabolism;
- in case of poisoning with some medicinal preparations( for example, streptomycin, quinine, etc.);
- with constant smoking;
- for alcohol abuse;
- poisoning with poisons( lead and mercury);
- with transferred noise traumas of the tympanic membrane;
- with ear barotrauma;
- with craniocerebral injuries.
Symptoms of auditory nerve neuritisThe following symptoms are typical for the disease:
- hearing loss( from slight hearing loss, to absolute deafness);
- ringing and other extraneous sounds in the ears;
- pain in the ears;
- hypertension( increase in blood pressure);
is a fever.
DiagnosticsFor diagnostic purposes, it is enough to conduct an audiological examination Differential diagnosis is performed with otosclerosis.
Treatment of neuritis of the auditory nerveIn case of acute illness, the patient is to be immediately hospitalized and carry out a set of therapeutic measures to restore the hearing. Therapy depends on the causes of the inflammatory process. If the disease is caused by poisoning, the patient is prescribed diuretics and sweatshops. With bacterial etiology, a course of antibacterial drugs is administered. It is recommended to carry out symptomatic therapy aimed at removing unpleasant symptoms. If there is a significant loss of hearing, a hearing aid may be prescribed to the patient.
Women's magazine www. BlackPantera.com: Stanislav Antonov