Glycolic peeling at home: all pros and cons
- Glycolic acid peeling at home
- Preparatory stage
- Types of glycol peeling
- Carrying out glycol peeling: the basic stages of
- Tips and guidelines
- Glycolic home peeling: video
Facial treatment for women is not only an everyday application of cosmetics, but alsomaintaining the beauty of the skin. The moment when we need cosmetic procedures for rejuvenation is almost inevitable. Here to help the ladies come as salon specialists, as well as their own skills and knowledge.
Some are willing to spend money and time to visit cosmetology cabinets, while others prefer to rejuvenate the skin on their own. In the latter case, one of the first uses glycol peeling at home. This procedure with the right approach and without the help of cosmetologists can be both extremely effective and maximum safe!
Peeling with glycolic acid at home
Exfoliation - removing the keratinized, upper layer of the skin - using glycolic acid - this is a kind of chemical peeling. Therefore, this procedure requires a balanced, serious approach. Many experts do not recommend performing it at home, as there is a risk of skin burns.
But if you prepare correctly, study contraindications, follow the recommendations and follow the steps, the home glycol face peeling will help to effectively rejuvenate the skin, make it clean, fresh, tender.
The essence of the procedure
Exfoliation with glycolic acid is one of the types of chemical removal of the cornified skin. So, the face is treated with this acid with the necessary consistency, as a result of which the old layer peels off, and instead of it a new, more attractive and younger appears.
The main component penetrates into the skin, activates the production of collagen, increases the elasticity of cells, relieves inflammation, smooths and improves complexion, promotes rejuvenation and wrinkle removal. In general, you get both an aesthetic and a wellness effect.
Glycolic acid, and its effect on the skin
Glycolic acid is an organic compound. It is present in various plant products - grapes, beets, reeds. In its natural form, such acid is colorless, has a characteristic smell of burnt sugar. This substance gives a lot of opportunities for performing such rejuvenating procedures as glycol peeling at home.
The positive properties of glycolic acid have been known for about 20 years. It is one of the youngest acids used in cosmetology. But at the same time it is very effective, useful and popular today.
So, exfoliation with this component allows not just to update skin tissues. It promotes the acceleration of regeneration processes, activation of the production of collagen and elastin, creates the effect of lifting. As a result, the skin not only looks attractive, fresh and young, it becomes elastic, smooth, healthy.
Who are recommended peelings with glycolic acid?
Age restrictions here are also one of the most democratic - you can use the procedure from the age of 15 with appropriate indications.
This kind of exfoliation can be used both for preventive purposes and for various skin problems. So, this procedure is sometimes recommended to perform as a systemic facial care, while preparing for various cosmetic manipulations.
Indications for carrying out
Specialists recommend using face peeling with glycolic acid in such cases:
- appearance of small, still slightly visible wrinkles;
- the presence of pigmentation spots, excessive skin pigmentation;
- unhealthy color of the skin;
- signs of photoaging under the influence of ultraviolet;
- as increased fat content, and excessive dryness of facial skin;
- acne and the effects of acne, including scars, redness, minor scars;
- compaction of the keratinized skin.
There are cases when chemical peels with glycolic acid can not be used. Here is the list when the procedure is prohibited:
- the presence of infectious or chronic diseases;
- skin diseases and acute inflammatory processes;
- presence of wounds, scratches or other damage to the face;
- pregnancy and lactation period;
- is an allergy or individual intolerance to this fruit acid;
- using a number of drugs.
Refusal to perform exfoliation is better in the spring-summer period, when cleaning the skin can cause increased pigmentation. It is also better not to perform the procedure with a tendency to keloid scars, the need to often be in the sun.
- With the problem of peeling of the face, first of all, you need to determine the main cause.
- How to quickly grow nails and make healthy can learn in this article.
Glycolic acid peeling can be performed in different ways. Here a lot depends on your goals, the specifics of the problem, the tools used. It will not hurt to know the indications and contraindications, take precautions, be able to distinguish between varieties of procedures.
Experts recommend performing pre-peel preparation. For this, cosmetic preparations with a small content of glycolic or other fruit acids in the composition are used.
When is glycol peeling necessary?
At home, exfoliation is usually done only if there are skin problems, and not for prevention. Make sure that you really need this procedure, consult with specialists - cosmetologists, dermatologists.
Glycolic face peeling is performed if there are such problems as:
- fine and medium wrinkles;
- seborrhea - increased skin greasiness;
- atony - loss of elasticity due to weak muscle tone of the face;
- excessive pigmentation;
- preparation or rehabilitation after plastics;
- contamination of the skin.
How does it work on the skin condition?
Facial peeling with glycolic acid has a positive effect on the skin. The main component belongs to alpha hydroxy acids - ANA.They easily penetrate into the deep layers of the epidermis, do not cause inflammation and negative reactions.
This substance destroys the upper layer of the epidermis, activates the processes of formation of elastin and collagen, draws water, vitamins and microelements to these skin areas.
As a result, the skin is leveled, becomes more elastic, attractive externally, healthy in color and shape;wrinkles, pigments and scars on the face contract or disappear altogether.
AHA acids are very corrosive chemical compounds, therefore using exfoliation alone, one must remember a number of precautions:
- Do not apply the compound close to the eyes. Here the skin is very thin and sensitive.
- If your skin is sunburnt in the sun, then glycol peeling at home should be transferred at least for a week.
- To avoid problems, pre-test for allergy.
- If you are sick and have at least a slight increase in body temperature, then the procedure should be discarded.
- For owners of sensitive or too dry skin, it is better not to do this peeling or to minimize the concentration of the main substance.
Types of glycol peeling
There are two main types of this procedure - surface and medial. It all depends on the degree of acid exposure to the skin, the depth of its penetration. This, in turn, is due to the concentration of the main component and the level of acid-base balance - pH.
Surface exfoliation can be performed at home. Here, a 15-40% solution is used, and the pH ranges from 2.4 to 4.5.This procedure effectively removes dead cells, refreshes the appearance, smooths the relief of the face.
Median glycol peeling at home is best not done. Here highly concentrated solutions up to 70% are used. Such a composition can hurt, if you do not know all the subtleties and nuances. And if done correctly, you can get rid of wrinkles, solve other serious problems.
Means for carrying out
For rejuvenating procedures, glycolic acid is not used in its pure form: only solutions of different consistency. For home use, funds are offered with 6-15% of the main substance, less often - up to 30%.The weakest formulations - 4-8% sometimes use without a neutralizer, which removes the action of the main substance, applied for a long time. These same drugs are suitable for pre-peeling preparations for salon procedures.
In cosmetology rooms, drugs are used, which are 40-70% composed of the main component. This is, for example, a means of Belita, a glycol peel with which is very popular in our country. It is better not to use such compositions yourself.
Mechanism of action
Like many other types of exfoliation, peeling based on glycolic acid suggests applying a mask with the main component on the skin of the face. This is how the positive effect of the AHA acids on the skin is ensured.
Only the consistency of the main substance in the solution varies, as well as the time during which the peeling substance is left on the skin.
Carrying out glycol peeling: the main stages of the
The whole procedure can be broken down into 5 main stages:
- Preliminary cleaning of the skin of the using tonic and / or cool water.
- Degreasing with lotion , which will help the main component to penetrate the skin.
- Application of mask with glycolic acid .For the first time, you only need to leave the substance for a few minutes. Subsequent sessions may take longer.
- Removal and neutralization of .Typically, an alkaline solution is used, which completes the glycol face peeling. Then saline is applied to the skin, the main task of which is to restore the water balance of the cells.
- Safety procedures .In this phase, nutrient masks are often used, a sunscreen with a value of 30 SPF is applied.
- An eye contour cleaner is an essential attribute of a female cosmetic bag.
- The result of applying the mask from the egg to the face skin is simply stunning! Check yourself. The recipe is here.
Advice and recommendations
Perform the procedure better in winter or fall. Active sun can cause excessive pigmentation. Moreover, even high-quality sunscreen creams most often do not save from this problem.
Chemical peeling with glycolic acid is very individual. One woman needs less than 5 sessions, another - more than 10. Here everything depends on the existing problem and the type of skin. As a rule, the effect gives a course of 3-10 procedures with repetition no more often than every 5 days.
The first visible result after exfoliation is the redness of the skin. It can pass in 2 hours, and sometimes - only after 2 days.
Before peeling, it is worth to test for allergies. Glycolic acid is applied to the wrist and waiting for several minutes. If a strong reaction - burning and redness - does not occur, then there are no contraindications.
Skin care after peeling
Even when glycol peeling at home is completed, you need to remember about proper care after the procedure:
- Avoid the active sun, use sunscreen.
- Refuse to go to the sauna and bath, high temperatures can cause a negative effect.
- Arrange for three days without make-up to reduce the burden on the skin.
- Use nourishing and regenerating creams, make masks and serums for the face.
Only an understanding of all precautions, adherence to rules and recommendations before, during and after exfoliation can make it safe and effective. Therefore, glycol peeling at home should be performed by a woman who is well prepared for it.
Ideally, she consulted a doctor and a cosmetologist, has already visited a similar procedure in the salon, clearly knows the correct sequence of actions, does not experiment with highly concentrated solutions. Only in this way you can get healthy, rejuvenated and beautiful skin of the face, putting a minimum of effort!
Glycolic peeling at home: video
Today, cosmetology procedures for rejuvenation are becoming increasingly popular. These videos will show you the advantages of this procedure.