How to make a hardware pedicure and manicure?
To have beautiful and well-groomed nails, it is not necessary to visit a beauty salon. A smart hardware manicure or pedicure can be done at home. But first, learn some features and tricks of this procedure.
What is a device for manicure?
To make a hardware manicure, you will need a special machine. It is a rotating handle with a working rotating head and a set of different attachments designed for this or that manipulation. And if you have such a device at your disposal, then the procedure of manicure or pedicure will become simple and effective.
How to choose it?
What to look for when choosing a device for manicure and pedicure?
- Type of power supply. There are stationary devices that work only from the network, but they are used most often in salons by professional masters. For the home, a portable, battery-powered machine is suitable. It is best to choose a device with a battery, which can operate from the network during recharging.
- Pay attention to the handle. It should be comfortable and not too massive, otherwise it will be uncomfortable to hold in hands.
- The device must be equipped with a speed control function that will allow you to select the speed of rotation of the working head, depending on the type and features of the manipulations. And it is desirable to choose a machine with several speeds, and not with two.
- Power. It usually varies from 40 to 230 watts. The higher the power of the device, the better and faster the working part will rotate.
- Rotational speed. Professional instruments can do about 30-50 thousand rpm. But you do not need to buy such a device for the house, because with unskilful use it can damage the skin and nails. The optimal speed will be 3000-10000 revolutions. Such a machine is safer, but at the same time it will cope with its tasks.
- Nozzles. A set of some apparatus includes nozzles for artificial nails and for natural. The first are more rigid, the second - soft. The nozzles differ in diameter and in the area of the working surface.
- The kit can include a bath for nails, as well as a stick for the cuticle.
- Some machines are equipped with the function of drying nails, which is very convenient, especially with a catastrophic lack of time.
- Pay attention to the packaging of the device. The best option is an ergonomic cover or drawer with separate sections for attachments. You can quickly find and take what you need.
- Weight. The machine should not be too heavy, the big weight will complicate and make use inconvenient.
To make your home manicure or pedicure safe and effective, observe several important rules:
- Before proceeding with the procedure, make sure that the device is working properly and is working correctly. If this is not done, you can injure the skin and nail plates.
- Nails and skin should be completely dry. If they are wet, then, firstly, the working surface of the device will become very hot, which will cause unpleasant sensations. Secondly, the softened skin and nail plates are more fragile and easily damaged. Thirdly, wet particles can clog the pores of the abrasive work surface, because of which it will quickly become unusable.
- You need to hold the machine just like a regular pen. Work should be easy and comfortable.
- Preliminary assess the condition of nails and skin. If the skin is tender and sensitive, and the nail plates are fragile and thin, choose soft tips with low abrasiveness, so as not to damage the tissues.
- Prepare a convenient workplace.
How to conduct the procedure?
How to make a hardware manicure or pedicure? Basic stages:
- First, use a special cleaner to remove any lacquer residues. It is better to use funds without acetone, they are less harmful.
- Now you need to treat the nails with an antiseptic. This will avoid infection of tissues during injury. Even if you are confident in yourself and know that you will not damage the skin, it will still be necessary to perform the treatment, since the infection can also get through imperceptible microcracks.
- Take the cuticle stick and move the last, moving from the middle to the side nail rollers( these are the skin areas located on the sides of the nail plate).Be careful not to damage the skin. If the cuticle is very prominent, then select a small round nozzle( it looks like the tip of a ballpoint pen) and process it.
- Select a nozzle with low or medium abrasiveness and gently sand the edge of the cuticle to remove dead skin cells. Use the same nozzle to process the side rollers.
- If there are calluses on the fingers or palms, then treat them with the softest nozzle.
- Go to the polishing of the nail plate. Choose a soft wide nozzle and treat it with the surface of the nail. Do not press on the machine, act neatly, otherwise on the plate there may be scratches.
- Select a small nozzle for the edge of the nail and give it the desired shape. Drive the machine in one direction( from one edge to the other or from the middle to the edges), and not back and forth.
- Brush clean your nails and skin to remove all excess( sawdust, keratinized cells).
- Treat the nails and skin with an antiseptic again.
- Lubricate the hands( and nails too) with a thick cream.
- Since the toenails on the toes are coarser and stiffer, it is worth choosing medium or high abrasive nozzles.
- The working surface of the nozzle should correspond to the area of the treated area.
- If you are a beginner, then first conduct a hardware manicure, setting the minimum rotation speed of the working head, this will help to avoid severe damages. As you learn and gain skills and skill, increase your speed.
- Every 5-7 minutes let the appliance rest so that it does not get warm.
- Advance the nozzle in the direction from the center of the nail to its edges.
- Do not steam your hands before the procedure.
- Do not hold the nozzle in one place, this can lead to damage and the formation of unevenness. Continually move, but do not make too sudden movements, they should be smooth.
- Do not press the nozzle against the nail, just touch it to the plate.
- When handling the nail, hold the nozzle parallel to its surface. And when handling rollers and cuticles, the nozzle should be placed at an angle of 45-50 degrees.
- The direction of movement of your hand should be the opposite direction of rotation of the working head. This will achieve an ideal evenness.
Now you can start the procedure!