How to make the right podium makeup?
With the help of correctly selected and competently used cosmetics, you can hide flaws and emphasize advantages. And if you want to become bright and noticeable, try to master the makeup catwalk.
How did it come about?
The history of podium make-up goes back to the time when the first fashion shows began, that is, at the beginning of the last century. Of course, at that time, special attention was paid to outfits, but later they began to think about the faces of the models.
If in everyday life women could not afford a catchy make-up( this was an indicator of vulgarity), then the models shone and hit everyone with bright eyes and lips. So, in fact, the progenitor of this make-up was fashion.
Let's list some features of the podium make-up:
- Brightness. Everyone watches the models on the podium, so they have to be bright, extravagant.
- Persistence. Since initially such a make-up was intended for models that could replace dozens of outfits in one show, then the makeup should have been stable. This rule remains to this day.
- Do not confuse the podium make-up with the fantasy. The first must combine naturalness and expressiveness. That is, you should not make your eyes excessively large or dye your lips with lipstick acid tones.
- Perfect skin. The skin color of the models is just perfect. No redness, no greasy shine, no spots or pimples. You will be faced with numerous views, so that defects are unacceptable. You also have to give up the sparkles.
- Make-up should be right for you. If you do not get these or those tones, forget about them, even if they are popular today and are in a trend.
- Podium make-up is part of the whole image, so it should be combined with the hair and clothes. In addition, such a make-up should not drown out all other elements of the image.
- If everyday make-up involves an emphasis on one part of the face, then the catwalk make-up allows you to highlight and emphasize at once both eyes and lips. But it's important not to overdo it!
- Podium makeup does not allow any missteps such as uneven arrows or curves of lip contours. So, probably, it is necessary to be trained, to create an ideal and original image.
What will be required for make-up makeup?
Before you figure out how to make podium makeup, stock up on all the necessary cosmetic products. Here's what you need:
- Correction tools. You must know your shortcomings and be able to hide them. For example, if you have dark circles under the eyes, get a corrective agent with a cooling effect and caffeine extract.
- The tonal base. It should have a dense texture and create a perfectly smooth tone. Do not make mistakes with color, because if the tone of the face differs from the skin tone of other parts of the body, you will look ridiculous and funny.
- Tools for application of tonal products. It is most convenient to apply them with a special sponge, but you can do it with your finger.
- Powder. It should match the tone with the tonal base.
- Powder application brush. Wide and with natural pile.
- Mascara for eyelashes. It is desirable to have several carcasses of different colors. Choose such tools in view of features of your eyelashes. For short it is better to buy an extension mascara, for thin mascara with the effect of additional volume.
- Eyewear can also come in handy, it will make the eyes more expressive.
- Eye shadow. It is better to have many different colored shades of different types: liquid, friable matte and with sparkles, baked.
- Lipstick or lip gloss. Variety is welcome.
- Pencil for lips. With its help, you can select a path.
- Eyebrow pencil. Eyebrows should be clearly delineated.
- Sometimes a blush is required.
All cosmetics should be quality and resistant!
How to do?
So, you found out the features, studied the photo. Now find out how to make a podium makeup step by step:
- First, with the help of corrective agents, remove all defects: circles under the eyes, pimples and oily shine.
- Apply an even layer of matte foundation.
- Then apply the powder. It is applied in a smooth and thin layer with light movements of the brush.
- Go to the eyes. Apply dry lilac shadows on the upper eyelids. Apply to mobile eyelids dry shadows of fuchsia. Now take the liquid violet shadows and draw a thick line over the line of eyelash growth. With a thin line, mark the lower eyelid. Now, draw thin, neat arrows over the upper eyelids, by lengthening them slightly beyond the outer corner of the eye. Tread all the transitions.
- Paint the eyelashes.
- Make an eyebrow with a pencil.
- Label the lip contour with a dark pink pencil. Paint your lips with a pink glow.
- On the cheekbones, apply a rosy blush.
Create your vivid image using podium makeup!