How to get rid of an attack of severe nausea?
Nausea is an extremely unpleasant symptom, which sometimes prevents you from living and doing the usual things. And how can you get rid of it? What do I need to do?
The first step is to find out the causes of
First of all, it is necessary to find out the causes of nausea, and then start to act actively. Let's list some possible:
- Pregnancy. In this case, usually nausea occurs around 6-8 weeks of pregnancy, but sometimes it also happens in another way. So, some complain about unpleasant symptoms at the earliest possible dates, sometimes even before the delay. If you have a suspicion of pregnancy, go to the pharmacy for the test, and then to the doctor.
- Taking certain medications. If you undergo treatment and are forced to take medication, then carefully study the instructions that accompany them. Probably, among the side effects you will find nausea.
- Poisoning. In general, vomiting is a natural and normal reaction of the body to getting into it toxic or harmful substances. So if you ate something spoiled or not fresh, then in 2-3 hours you may notice that you are sick. As a rule, when poisoning, there are some other symptoms: diarrhea, general malaise, headache, fever.
- Concussion. If you recently received a head injury, then this symptom can be associated with it. Possible and manifestations such as dizziness, headaches.
- Increased blood pressure. Hypertension often encounter nausea( most often it is morning), headaches and dizziness, swelling, fatigue and red spots on the face.
- Problems with the vestibular apparatus. In this case, the symptom will arise when the body position changes abruptly, as well as during travel on transport. Possible and other manifestations: dizziness, "flies" or darkening in the eyes, as well as buzzing in the ears or their congestion.
- Stress can also be the cause of this manifestation. Adrenaline, produced in the body under stressful situations, can provoke a contraction of muscles, including digestive organs, namely the esophagus and stomach.
- Hangovers also often cause malaise and nausea. In this case, alcohol is the strongest toxin, and the body, of course, will try to bring it out naturally.
- Stroke or heart attack. In this case, in addition to nausea, there is a violation of the heart rhythm, confusion, weakness, pain in the vaginal space or in the head.
- Thyroid dysfunction may also be the cause of this manifestation. There may also be changes in weight and appetite, chronic fatigue, drowsiness, chills, or increased sweating, memory problems.
- Diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. For example, often described symptom occurs with gastritis, especially after eating or sutra. There are other symptoms: bloating, stomach pain, belching, heartburn, digestive disorders.
- Appendicitis. He is also accompanied by pains in the abdomen, which extend to his right side. Often the body temperature rises.
- Intestinal infections are also almost always accompanied by vomiting.
Eliminate the causes and act directed
How to get rid of severe nausea? If the reasons for this manifestation are clarified, then it is worthwhile to start acting immediately. But remember that any of your actions should be coordinated with the doctor. Self-medication is not only ineffective, but in some cases very dangerous! Here are the possible steps:
- The main cause of gastritis, as scientists learned, is the bacterium Helikobakter Pilori. So this disease should be treated with antibiotics. Also, therapy implies compliance with a certain diet. More information about all you will tell a specialist.
- If you suspect a pregnancy, go to the gynecologist. Toxicosis is a temporary phenomenon, which can not be avoided. You can only ease your condition. To eat food is best in small portions and often, this will avoid overfilling the stomach. Be sure to have breakfast without leaving your bed. Refuse the acute, salted and pickled. Some future mothers get rid of nausea help mint lollipops or citrus fruits.
- If you suspect a stroke or heart attack, immediately call for an ambulance, as assistance is required, and every minute counts.
- When poisoning on the first day is better to give up any food. Drink clean water in small sips. Take the drug-sorbent( Enterofuril, activated charcoal).And do not suppress vomiting, let all that is unnecessary leave your stomach.
- For acute intestinal infection, it is best to consult a doctor.
- To eliminate the described hangover symptom, try to drink more water( it removes toxins).Hot soup can help. You can also take a drug-sorbent, it will accelerate the elimination of toxic substances.
- In case of problems with the vestibular apparatus, consult an otolaryngologist.
- If you suspect a hypothyroidism or hyperthyroidism, visit the endocrinologist.
- If there is a chance of concussion or appendicitis, an immediate medical attention is required.
- In a stressful situation, you need to try to calm down and think only of the good.
- Stop taking medication that provokes nausea.
Cardinal actions of
Sometimes to quickly get rid of nausea, you just need to provoke vomiting. To do this, drink two or three glasses of water and press two fingers( index and middle) onto the root of the tongue. Sometimes it brings relief and helps. For example, with poisoning, this option will be the best.
There are no special medications that help to get rid of nausea. The choice of the drug will depend on the individual characteristics of the organism and the causes of the problem. Some possible medicines:
- If indigestion or poisoning normalize digestion and eliminate unpleasant symptoms, Smecta or Motilium will help.
- With motion sickness, very suitable means such as "Bonin" or "Dramina".They block the brain receptors responsible for the occurrence of nausea.
- For diseases accompanied by nausea, preparations based on ondansetron( Zofran) or metoclopramide( Cerucal) may be prescribed.
- There are also tools that relax the musculature of the outlet of the stomach and esophagus.
Remember that only a doctor can prescribe any medicines!
There are folk remedies that can also help to cope with nausea:
- Mint tea. To cook it, pour 5-10 leaves of mint( it is better to use dried) a glass of boiling water. Cover the container with a lid and remove for 5-10 minutes. Cool the tea and drink in small sips.
- Ginger tea can also be quite effective. To cook it, pour half a teaspoon of ground ginger or a few slices of fresh glass of boiling water and insist at least 5 minutes, and then cool and drink. Also, ginger can be added to green tea.
- Pour clean water into a glass and squeeze the juice of half a lemon into it. Drink the liquid in small sips.
- Mix a quarter lemon juice with 1/3 teaspoon of soda and take this medium inside.
- Dill may help. For its preparation, a teaspoon of dill seeds fill with 200 milliliters of boiling water, close the container, wrap it and take it away for two hours. Ready to boil the broth and take a tablespoon every half hour.
Useful advices for
Some useful tips:
- Try not to make sudden movements. Relax, but better in sitting position.
- Just try to drink some water, but in small sips.
- Get distracted. You can read a book or a magazine or watch TV.
- Do not think about nausea and do not pay attention to it, if possible.
- Try to breathe deeply. Let the nausea never bother you!