Ultrasonic cleaning of teeth: advantages and contraindications of ultrasound
Not always the daily care of teeth and oral cavity guarantees absolute health of teeth and gums, and excludes visits to the dentist. Our fast life, its fast rhythm and the eternal lack of time lead to the fact that it is not possible to properly brush your teeth, and the most difficult places are not being processed. It is in such places that clusters form first of the plaque, then more and more hardening tartar. However, progress does not stand still, the achievements of modern dentistry and medicine, and in particular, ultrasonic cleaning of teeth, which we will tell you today, can greatly facilitate our lives and preserve our health. What is ultrasonic teeth cleaning and how does it differ from the usual? How often can I do such a cleaning, and is it not harmful to the teeth?
- Why use the professional tooth cleaning
- Advantages of the ultrasound technique
- Ultrasound in combination with other procedures
- Contraindications to ultrasonic teeth cleaning
- Video: ultrasound as a gentle method of removing the stone
- Dental care after ultrasonic cleaning
Why use a professionalbrushing teeth
It happens that the care for teeth is carried out at the proper level, and the means for this are acquired the most modern, but, despite thisgingival bleeding, unexplained present malodor periodically inflamed area around the gums. In this case, you can safely talk about the presence of tartar, which is removed by yourself, with conventional toothbrushes and pastes, is very difficult. Dentists recommend each person regularly, at least once a year, to undergo a procedure for removing tartar and plaque from the teeth.
Why is tartar formed? Often it appears in places that are unavailable for our brushes, and also in cases where daily brushing of teeth occurs carelessly, on the go. Formed, it is able to fill the gingival pockets, in which inflammation often develops - periodontitis.
Until recently, a method of mechanical cleaning was used to remove tartar and associated dental plaque. This procedure was quite painful, besides the tools used to do this, could cause delicate gingival tissue damage. In addition, it was not always possible to talk about the 100% effectiveness of mechanical removal, because tartar is quite strong.
Another method that has been used in the past is chemical: the impact on tartar was produced by aggressive preparations that could damage even strong tooth enamel.
All methods of combating tartar and plaque were not very effective, so the method of ultrasonic cleaning of teeth has become very popular today. What is it? To perform this procedure, a specialist uses a special device - an ultrasonic scaler, which has a frequency and amplitude adjustment of ultrasound. Having picked up the necessary parameters, the dentist acts ultrasonic radiation on the tartar and separates it from the enamel, without at the same time damaging it.
Advantages of the ultrasound technique
What happens to the teeth during ultrasonic cleaning? The specialist conducts a number of manipulations, each of which has a very positive effect on the general condition of the teeth:
- treatment of the root canal;
- removal of plaque from the teeth, which is so often formed in smokers and in those who abuse products with a high content of food colors;
- itself the removal of tartar - both above the gums and under them;
- washing periodontal pockets with a special solution;
- the surface of the tooth is polished with a special paste.
In addition, experts recommend any dental treatment to begin with the cleaning of teeth ultrasound. There are several indications for this:
- first, after the removal of tartar and plaque, the dentist can detect beforehand inconspicuous changes in the state of tooth enamel and timely appropriate treatment;
- , secondly, ultrasonic vibrations have a special effect on the border between the tooth tissue and dental calculus, this factor subsequently contributes to a stronger bonding of the seal to the tooth surface;
- third, ultrasonic cleaning teeth has a noticeable whitening effect( an average of one or two tones), which allows you to more accurately match the color of the seal.
To the merits of cleaning teeth ultrasound refers to both the removal of all kinds of deposits on the enamel, and the fact that the entire procedure for the patient is completely painless. The procedure of cleaning teeth with ultrasound lasts approximately one hour, and its cost ranges from one and a half to three thousand rubles.
Ultrasound in combination with other
procedures Cleaning the teeth with ultrasound as a separate procedure is rarely used, as a rule, it is used as a supplement to the Air Flow procedure, during which a jet of water, soda and air is fed into the mouth. Such cleansing can make teeth smooth, clean their surface from dark plaque, and in combination with ultrasonic teeth cleaning the effect is truly stunning!
Used in conjunction with ultrasound and the procedure of curettage of the periodontal pockets, that is, cleaning with special tools areas that are not covered with tooth enamel, which are under the gum.
Contraindications to ultrasonic teeth cleaning
However, as with any other medical procedure, ultrasound cleaning of teeth has a number of contraindications. Read them carefully.
The use of ultrasonic scalers is excluded in patients:
- having implants;
- having orthopedic constructions;
- suffering from cardiac arrhythmia;
- suffering from asthma, endocarditis, chronic bronchitis;
- with colds;
- with supersensitive teeth;
- in adolescence and childhood;
- belonging to the risk groups - hepatitis, tuberculosis, HIV.
Video: ultrasound as a gentle method for removing stone
Dental care after ultrasonic cleaning
After cleaning your teeth with ultrasound, the tooth surface becomes much smoother and looks polished and smooth, however, experts recommend that you do additional polishing - this is explained by the fact thatdental plaque, and subsequently tartar is much more difficult to form on an ideally polished surface, because he simply has nothing to catch on!
Those patients who planned to perform additional teeth whitening after the end of ultrasonic cleaning, seeing how beautiful and updated their teeth turn out, refuse additional procedures - the cosmetic effect of ultrasonic cleaning will impress any client, even the most skeptical.
Ultrasound cleaning of teeth tested in many clinics of the world has proved itself well and has received the widest distribution. Perhaps now there is no clinic where ultrasound cleaning of teeth would not be done. Patients are more likely to use this type of service, and it is understandable - it is better to pay for the prevention than to pay for treatment or even denture afterwards. Prevention of which diseases is guaranteed by ultrasound cleaning of teeth?
- all well and notorious tooth decay, when tissues or even bones of the tooth are destroyed;
- periodontitis, which we have already told you today, which is characterized by inflammation of the tissues of the gingival pockets;
- periodontitis is an unpleasant form of inflammation of tissues located around the root of the tooth;
- periostitis, also known as flux inflammation of the periosteal tissue.
Do not these frightening names of these diseases speak for themselves? So why wait for the appearance of unpleasant symptoms, is it better to go straight to the dental clinic tomorrow and make an appointment for ultrasonic teeth cleaning? Do you still have doubts? Then, perhaps, in this article we helped you get rid of them - cleaning your teeth with ultrasound is extremely effective and absolutely safe.