How to quickly make a towel soft?
Unfortunately, towels and some other products after washing often become stiff and completely unpleasant touch. Is it possible to restore to them the former softness? Of course you can! Find out how to do this.
Reasons for rigidity
Why, after washing towels and many terry things become stiff? There are several reasons for this:
- Poor quality of tap water. If it contains various impurities, they can easily settle in the fibers during washing and make them very stiff.
- Low-quality powder. Its particles can also remain in the fibers and significantly deteriorate their properties.
- Incorrect washing. If you have chosen a mode with a large number of revolutions, then villi can be damaged, lose their original properties and deteriorate badly. In addition, the appearance of stiffness can lead to high water temperatures.
- Substandard towels. If they are made of not the best materials, they will surely become unpleasant to touch after the first wash, and, unfortunately, nothing can be done about it.
- Incorrect drying. If the terry product is dried near a heating or heating device, or even more so on it, it will certainly become stiff.
How to return softness?
How to make a towel soft and fluffy, that is, what it was when buying?
- Try a liquid detergent instead of the usual detergent. First, it dissolves faster and better, and secondly, when rinsed, it is completely washed away. In addition, such formulations quite effectively cope with pollution.
- You can use vinegar to make the products soft, it will cope with increased water hardness and noticeably soften the fibers of the material. For 10 liters of water, you need to add about half a glass of 9% vinegar. But use a transparent, not dark apple, otherwise the towel will darken. In addition, a little acid can be added by machine washing into the rinse aid compartment.
- Return to terry products fuzzy help air conditioning. But it's worth choosing the one that is designed just for giving softness. And after using it, do not forget to rinse the thing well.
- Try using salt. There are several ways to do this. The first is machine wash with salt. Just put it in the powder compartment and select the delicate washing mode. The second is a rinse in salted water. For five liters, add five tablespoons. In the resulting solution, thoroughly rinse the thing, then rinse it in clean water, and then dry it. The third method is the addition of salt during washing. You can mix it with powder. And, finally, old towels can be soaked in salt solution( per liter of water two or three tablespoons) for several hours or even overnight, after which they should be thoroughly rinsed. By the way, it is best to use natural sea salt, it is more effective.
- Will help and soda. First, it reduces the hardness of water, secondly, it softens the fibers of the material; thirdly, it copes with the most complex spots perfectly and, in the fourth, eliminates all unpleasant odors. You can use soda when washing( both with machine and manual), adding a small amount of it to the usual detergent. You can also use this product when rinsing. You can try to soak the product in a soda solution, adding to each liter of liquid two or three tablespoons of powder.
- Try a product that has become stiff, leave it in the basin for the night or in a bath with cool or warm water. Then the fibers will be completely cleaned of impurities of poor-quality water and particles of powder and soften.
- You can try to return the softness and fuzzy with the steamer, it softens and smooths the fibers well.
What to do so that towels do not become stiff? Basic prevention measures:
- Choose the correct washing mode. The optimum temperature is 30-40 degrees. If the pollution is significant, then you can increase it, but maximum to 50-60 degrees. Boiling is contraindicated. The number of revolutions should be minimal.
- Well rinse products. If you wash them manually, change the water several times until it is completely clean.
- Use only high-quality detergents. For example, powder for delicate fabrics is suitable, its particles are small, so do not damage the fibers and do not get stuck in them.
- You can use mineral or filtered water for washing and rinsing, but this, of course, is very problematic. Although the filter can be installed on a faucet or even in a water pipe.
- Dry towels correctly, namely as far as possible from heat sources and preferably on a flat horizontal surface, so that no creases remain.
- It is not recommended to iron terry products, because during this procedure the loops are pressed and deformed, because of what they lose their original properties. It is better to dry the towels in the washing machine or in the dryer. Also, you can shake off the thing and leave it to dry on a flat, level surface.
- It is not necessary and actively to squeeze the towel, strongly twisting it, it also leads to deformation of the fibers.
- It is better to wash the towels in a bag so that the loops do not rub against the drum of the machine and are not damaged.
- Buy only quality products.
- Before shaking, shake the product well to spread the fibers.
Let the above tips help you make your towels fluffy and soft!