Useful and medicinal properties of lime tea
If you love tea, you probably tried many varieties. Some of them are delicious, others are very useful. But herbal teas are especially appreciated, some of them have unique properties. Below we will tell about amazing lime tea.
What is this drink?
Lime has long been considered a unique and healing tree. It was planted near churches or churches, as it was believed that lightning could not enter this tree. Lipu can be called a long-liver, because she can live up to 400 years! There is this tree in the forests, squares, parks.
The leaves of the linden are beautiful and have webbeds, and the white or light yellow flowers are similar to the half-zonotics or the wings of the dragonfly. Tea is prepared, by the way, from flowers, but previously dried. This drink has a pleasant aroma and sweet taste with honey notes.
The composition of lime tea is unique. If you cook it correctly, the flowers will save almost all the nutrients. There are tannins, glycosides, essential oils, flavonoids, carotene, vitamin C, phytoncides and much more.
Than is useful?
We list the unique useful properties of lime tea:
- Tannins, which are part of, can have anti-inflammatory effects, so that the drink can be used for some inflammatory diseases.
- Doctors recommend using this tea for colds, as it has a diaphoretic and antipyretic effect, reducing body temperature and speeding up the healing process.
- The vitamin C contained here is necessary for the normal functioning of the immune system, so if you drink regularly, you can strengthen your immune system and protect yourself from a number of diseases.
- The drink is very useful for vessels and heart, as it makes elastic and strengthens the vascular walls, and also normalizes their permeability. This is an excellent means of preventing atherosclerosis.
- Lime tea is used to treat certain diseases of the respiratory system. The constituents of the substance dilute sputum and promote its early elimination. Drink is useful in a variety of diseases of the lower and upper respiratory tract, such as pharyngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis and many others.
- The property of linden to stimulate the secretion of gastric juice allows the use of tea to improve digestion and increase appetite.
- Drink improves the gallbladder and helps to eliminate excess bile.
- Lipa has a mild diuretic effect and helps to remove excess fluid, which is necessary for some kidney problems. In addition, getting rid of edema is the prevention of hypertension.
- Lime flowers contain special substances - phytoestrogens. They are similar in action to important female hormones, so that the drink is useful for use in menopause, menstrual cycle failures and many other problems.
- The drink has a positive effect on the nervous system.
- Tea can be used locally, for example, with stomatitis, gingivitis, periodontitis and other diseases of the oral cavity, as well as skin lesions.
Can everyone drink lime tea, is it harmful?
If you drink the drink correctly and in acceptable quantities, then it will not harm the body. Even pregnancy and lactation are not contraindications, which speaks volumes. Babies can also drink such tea, but, of course, in reduced dosages. For an adult, the daily dose is 1 tablespoon of dry linden color, and for the child - not more than one teaspoon.
There are some contraindications:
- It is not recommended to drink tea constantly for serious diseases of the cardiovascular system, since it is quite a big load on the heart.
- In addition, do not take chances with problems in the nervous system. In case of an overdose, an exciting effect is possible that will provoke sleep disturbances and other problems.
- Since tea stimulates the secretion of gastric juice, it can be harmful and dangerous for gastritis and ulcer of the duodenum or stomach.
In any case, before use, it will not be superfluous to seek medical advice.
How to make tea?
How to make lime tea? There are several important points:
- Raw materials. It is best to buy a lime flower in a pharmacy. But if you decide to collect it yourself, then you need to do this at a certain time, when the lime blossoms. It occurs approximately from the middle of June to the middle of July. Collect only need bloomed flowers. They should not be listless, darkened or spotty. It is best to choose the time when most of the flowers bloomed, but the buds remained on the tree. Do not collect lime flowers in dew or rain, and at noon, when the sun shines brightest. The flowers should be dried outdoors. Store raw materials better in tissue bags in a cool and dark place.
- Teapot. It is best to take porcelain, porcelain or ceramic with thick walls, it is such a container that will preserve flavor and taste.
- Put a dry lime blossom on the bottom of the kettle( counting one tablespoon per serving of tea), then pour in hot water. Important point: the water should be hot( about 90-95 degrees), but not boiling( boiling water can destroy some of the nutrients).Cover the kettle with a lid, wrap it with a towel and leave it for 20-30 minutes.
How to use?
You can drink tea separately, but you can mix it with black or green tea. If desired, add a little honey in the cup, but it is better to refuse sugar.
Now there are several ways to take a drink with different medical conditions and health problems:
- With cystitis, prepare the tea in this way: three tablespoons of dried flowers fill with a liter of hot water, insist for an hour. Drink two glasses of the drink throughout the day for three to five days.
- In case of burns with cooked tea, wipe the affected areas. Such rubbing will also help with inflammatory skin diseases.
- Inflammation of the oral cavity and upper respiratory tract( stomatitis, tonsillitis and so on) rinse your mouth or throat with tea 5-7 times a day until recovery.
- To strengthen immunity, drink a cup of tea a day, the best sutra.
- Strong tea( about 8-10 tablespoons lime-colored for 500 milliliters of water) you can wipe your face to give the skin freshness and eliminate acne. In addition, such a tool is useful for hair. After washing, wash your hair with tea regularly.
- With edemas, drink 100 ml of the drink twice a day. For the night, it is better not to use this remedy.
- When insomnia, drink a cup of light tea 2-3 hours before bedtime.
Enjoy the taste of lime tea and extract the maximum benefit from this drink.