The right meditation technique for beginners
If you can not find harmony and find yourself, or if you are constantly worried about something, then try meditating. And what is meditation? And why is it needed?
What is it?
Meditation is a kind of philosophy that allows you to clear your mind and achieve clarity of consciousness and highest concentration. Someone thought that this is a real healing, a purification of the soul. In general, in Latin it means "thinking, thinking, thinking".
If you already have time to imagine a sage sitting in a lotus position on the top of a mountain, then be sure to throw this image out of your head, because the ways, postures and places for practicing meditation can be completely different. In addition, such an activity is available to absolutely everyone! So definitely try it!
There are two types of meditation:
- Meditation on emptiness. In this case, there is a complete cleansing of the mind and exclusion from the outside world. From the head it is necessary to throw out all thoughts, and then to try to concentrate on emptiness, to enjoy it, to plunge into it. It is believed that in this way you can comprehend your existence, understand the meaning of life and experience real enlightenment. And the most important thing is getting rid of unnecessary thoughts.
- The second kind is meditation on something or directed meditation. In this case, on the contrary, you need to concentrate on one particular thought, to immerse yourself in it. Such an occupation can help in the event that, for example, you can not make a choice or make the right decision.
What does meditation do?
Surprisingly, such a seemingly simple occupation, allows you to heal and improve not only the mind, but also the body. The effect was proved in the laboratory: during the tests it was found that during the meditation the activity of the brain changes, and changes in some body systems occur.
And what is the benefit of meditation? Here's what it can give:
- You can improve and normalize the emotional and psychological state. Stresses will not be terrible for you, because you will learn to think calmly and soberly. From depression there will be no trace, and apathy will also pass.
- You will learn to control your emotions and soberly assess situations.
- Over time, you can get rid of some of your fears.
- You will learn to enjoy every moment of life and create your mood.
- Your self-esteem will increase, all actions and words will become more confident and convincing.
- The concentration of attention will increase, memory will improve, the level of intelligence will increase.
- You will learn to think things over quickly and think logically.
- Meditation is an excellent relaxation, and relaxation with the modern rhythm of life is simply necessary.
- If you meditate regularly, you can get rid of chronic fatigue and weakness, as well as normalize your sleep( often disturbing bad thoughts).
- In this activity, the amount of stress hormones decreases significantly and the number of hormones responsible for a good mood, for example, endorphin, increases.
- The work of respiratory and cardiovascular systems is normalized.
- Surprisingly, the immunity will gradually be strengthened.
How to learn to meditate? First, you need to prepare for such an activity and create optimal conditions. There are several important points, we will dwell on each of them in more detail.
First, select a suitable location. It all depends on you. For example, if you like fresh air and have always dreamed of achieving unity with nature, then go to some nearby forest. But to go too far is not worth it. And while it is important to consider that it is best to meditate in proud solitude and away from prying eyes. You can equip a cozy meditative corner right on your balcony.
Many are more comfortable and more comfortable to immerse themselves in their minds in a home environment, and this is really expedient and convenient.
But make sure that no one distracts you, and you were as comfortable as possible.
It is not advisable to meditate in the bedroom, because in this case your brain can simply "disconnect"( after all, he used to be disconnected in this room), and you will fall asleep. But if there are no more places, then the bedroom will do.
The atmosphere should be calm, quiet, peaceful and comfortable for you. Arrange everything the way you like. For example, one helps to relax music, others come to the aid of various aromatic oils and incense, the third one needs complete silence or a favorite comfortable pillow.
Now select the time. It also depends entirely on you, your biological rhythms, and also on the regime of the day. For example, if in the morning you do not have time, then leave such an occupation for the evening. Just you can relax and throw everything out of your head after a hard day, which some just need.
But for many, the evening is the time of affairs and worries, and also the time when it is simply impossible to concentrate on something. In this case, it makes sense to get up early the sutra and devote meditation to the morning hours. In general, for each person there is an ideal time.
How long to meditate? To completely detach from reality and relax, it takes at least 20 minutes. A ten-minute meditation will not be effective and fruitful. And it is even better to meditate twice a day, then enlightenment will come even faster.
In what position?
The meditation posture is also important, because it depends on your comfort. The lotus position is not the only option. But it is better to meditate sitting and so that the spine remains straight, but the back does not rest on any surface.
If to you in such position is uncomfortable, choose another, necessarily convenient for yourself. Some meditate lying down, but you can not fall asleep during the session, so if you do not get enough sleep today, then it's better to give up the horizontal position.
How to do it: the ways of
How should meditation take place? There is no single algorithm, so it's difficult for beginners to understand the essence at once. There are several ways to immerse in your mind:
- The first method is concentration on the breath. Breathe smoothly, fill the chest with air, concentrate on this and do not think about anything else. Feel how the air penetrates into you and fills the whole body, spreads through it, and then comes out of you.
- The second method is the sound concentration or the use of so-called mantras. Mantra is a set of sounds or words that helps to relax and abstract from reality. You can use ready-made and tested mantras or invented by you. For example, many say a short but capacious syllable "Om".Stretch it, feel how vibrations pass through every part of your body.
- The third way is to focus on the visual object. This technique is suitable for beginners, as it allows you to quickly get distracted from thoughts. Choose an object or object and concentrate all your attention on it. It can be, for example, a candle flame, a pond, a picture, a tree or something else.
- Another way - concentration on the movements. Just turn on the music and start moving under it. Do not try to dance by some rules, relax and succumb to your feelings and feelings. To enhance the effect, you can close your eyes or turn off the light.
Some useful tips for beginners:
- Do not try to think about not thinking. If thoughts can not be discarded, postpone the session.
- If you are depressed, do not worry that you become worse. Continue in the same spirit, soon things will change.
- Do not wait for immediate results. Meditation is a long process. Do it every day, assess your condition, listen to yourself.
- Do not eat after and before meditation. An overloaded stomach will spoil everything and drown out sensations.
Meditate and enjoy the changes and results!