How to make a useful face cream?
There is a great variety of a variety of cosmetics. Some help to preserve youth, others relieve some problems and defects. But really effective creams cost a lot, and the effectiveness is sometimes not impressive. And why pay if you can make a cream at home?
Features of self-made creams
The cream of own manufacture has advantages and disadvantages. Let's start with the advantages:
- This tool is right for you, as you will select the ingredients taking into account your skin features and expected results.
- Cream made at home is a completely natural product that does not contain artificial additives, which can be quite harmful.
- This is a good savings. Most of the ingredients you use can be found at home or purchased from a store or pharmacy.
- Efficiency is high.
Now more in detail about possible disadvantages:
- The consistency of the cream differs significantly from the one that shop cosmetics have. You can get quite a thick and very fatty mass, be ready for this.
- The process of preparing a home cream in some cases is not at all simple. Some components need to be melted, others vigorously mixed, others kept under certain conditions.
- Often, the period of storage of self-made funds is very short( from several days to a couple of weeks).To store ready-made creams it is necessary in certain conditions. It is best to keep the mass in a glass container with darkened walls and a tightly closed lid, removing it in a cool dark place or in the refrigerator.
- Some ingredients are not expensive, so the price of a ready-made homemade product can be far from low.
What components can be a part of?
In principle, homemade creams can include a wide variety of components, but all of them can be divided into several categories:
- Oily fatty base. It is necessary for the cream to be thick and rather fat. This share accounts for about a third of all components. Usually, so-called base oils are used. You can use a variety of oils, this will depend on the type of your skin and the expected results. For example, if the skin is oily, then grape, almond, watermelon, peach, corn oil and some others. For dry skin, shea butter, jojoba, avocado, macadamia, coconut, and also sesame and olive oil are suitable. For sensitive skin, the ideal option is the oils of rose, lemon, sea buckthorn or St. John's wort. For a basis also it is possible to take a children's fat cream.
- The second part is a water base, which accounts for approximately 40-50% of the total volume of the finished cream. You can use, for example, mineral water. A great option is thermal water. But the usual and boiled, but you can take a decoction of medicinal herbs.
- Often use solid components, most often different waxes.
- Emulsifiers are added in minimal amounts( 1-3% of the total volume), but they play a very important role, since they literally bind the components together and prevent precipitation and delamination of the cream into different parts. As emulsifiers, for example, alcohol, egg yolk, guar gum, lanolin, lecithin, glycerin, xylines, emulsan, wax and some other components can act.
- Active substances. They will account for approximately 10% of the volume of the cream. The most often used are plant extracts or some other components( extracts and so on).
- Some additional components can also be used, for example, liquid vitamins, plant extracts and even pieces of fruits and vegetables.
- If you want to store and use the product for a little longer, try using preservatives: wax, honey, salt, and also some safe food preservatives. But it's better, of course, do without it.
The basic stages of preparation
How to make a face cream with your own hands? In fact, the manufacturing technology is not very complicated. Here's what you might need:
- several small glass bowls( containers of other materials should not be used);
- one enameled container( for example, a pan) for a water bath;
- water thermometer;
- spoon for stirring;
- whisk for whipping;
- kitchen scales;
- syringe( they can not only accurately add liquid ingredients, but also measure their volume immediately);
- storage tank for the cream( you can take the jar from under the cosmetic product).
The basic stages of manufacturing:
- Put water and oil tanks in a water bath. It is desirable to heat all this at the same time, then immediately mix.
- Check the oil temperature. When it reaches 60 degrees, add emulsifiers and solid ingredients. Continue heating the mixture until the ingredients are completely melted and dissolved.
- Now you can pour in heated water or a decoction of herbs. Continue to stir everything, and then remove from heat.
- Cool the weight to about 35-40 degrees, and then add the active ingredients and essential oils. All well beaten whisk, put in a jar and put into the refrigerator.
- Prepared cream on the elbow or on the wrist to avoid unwanted reactions.
We offer you recipes for effective creams.
To prepare this universal nourishing face and hand cream, prepare the following ingredients:
- 30 grams of coconut oil;
- 50 grams of lanolin;
- 150 grams of olive oil;
- 25 grams of beeswax;
- 25 grams of cocoa butter;
- 1 capsule of soluble vitamin E;
- 2 sheets of aloe;
- 100 ml of chamomile broth.
- Olive and coconut oil mix, heat on a water bath, add lanolin and wax, melt everything.
- Heat the broth of chamomile, pour into the oil mixture, mix. Cool, add the squeezed aloe juice and vitamin E.
- Whisk, put into a jar.
Night cream against wrinkles
- 1 tablespoon of linseed oil;
- 1 egg yolk;
- 30 grams of mountain ash berries;
- 1 teaspoon of honey.
- Preheat the oil in a water bath, add the yolk, while whisking the mixture. Cool the composition.
- Rowan wash and rub through a sieve( or grind on a blender).
- Mix the oil mixture with the rowan slurry, whisk again.
- Move the cream in a jar and send it to the refrigerator.
Cream for oily skin
- 30 ml almond oil;
- 5 grams of ginger extract( or 1 tablespoon of powder);
- 2 grams of sucrose stearate;
- 10 drops of essential oil of grapefruit;
- 60 ml of basil broth.
- Heat the oil, add the basil broth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients by constantly whisking.
- Transfer the cream into a jar.
Cream for dry skin
To prepare a moisturizing cream for dry skin, prepare the following ingredients:
- 30 ml of avocado oil;
- 50-60 ml of orange water;
- 2 grams of beeswax;
- 7 ml of liquid vitamin E;
- 10 drops of essential oil of geranium.
- Heat the avocado oil and orange water.
- In the oil, melt the wax.
- Add water to the oil, stir.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, whisk everything.
Take care of yourself!