How can you beautifully close the pipes in the toilet and bathroom?
Pipes in the bathroom - it's inevitable. And if their appearance does not tire you, then try to disguise them. But how to do that?
Methods of disguise
So, how can you beautifully close the pipes in the toilet? Several methods are suggested below.
Masking in the walls of the
This method is chosen by many, because the pipes not only remain invisible, but also do not occupy the free space of the bathroom. But this process is quite time consuming and complex, and also requires certain skills.
If you are not confident in your abilities, it is better to seek professional help( usually plumbers do this).If you have the necessary tools and experience of doing such work, then everything can be done on your own.
First you need to create a communication plan and make notes on the wall. It is worth remembering that there must be free space between the wall and the pipes. Using a perforator, make stitches in the wall, that is grooves.
Next lay all the pipes in them and make corrections if necessary. Closing the open space is best with the help of drywall. Measure all the strobes, transfer the measurements to the gypsum board, cut out the details and install them in the groove. Cover all joints with a putty, then proceed to finish.
Pipes will be invisible, and this is a plus. But there is a disadvantage: installing a leak will be difficult, and if you do not do it on time, then the risk of flooding your neighbors will increase. In addition, in the event of a breakdown, the structure will have to be opened.
If there are a lot of pipes( this also happens, for example, with a large number of sanitary ware and other appliances requiring water supply), you can close them with a false wall. The process is not easy, so it is better to entrust it to a specialist. First he will mount a framework of metal profiles and lay all the pipes. Then the whole master will close this construction with plasterboard.
No one will even guess that this is not a real wall, and in it, besides, the pipes are hidden. But it's worth remembering that such a design will "eat" a few centimeters of space. In addition, if pipes fail, it will have to be partially or completely removed.
Using plumbing and furniture
Try to hide all the pipes behind some element of the interior, for example, behind the bathroom, behind the cabinet, cabinet and so on. But perhaps this is not always the case. In addition, some pipes can remain noticeable.
The problem of the camouflage of pipes has existed for a long time, so many special devices have already been invented. The most popular are two:
- Sanitary wardrobe. Such cabinets are made of MDF and look aesthetically pleasing. The doors can be opened at any time, which is especially convenient if there are valves on the pipes. And, if desired, such a cabinet can be equipped with shelves, on which some cosmetics and accessories can be stored.
- Plumbing roller shutters. It looks like a shutter, which is installed using guides and closes communications. It is very easy to open it. You can make the canvas both deaf, and lattice or glass.
This method is considered one of the most common. You can make a box either from plasterboard or from plastic. The first option is stronger, but the second is much more practical. If you decide to use the panels, do not forget to pre-install the frame from the metal profile, otherwise the design will be very fragile and short-lived.
Decoration of pipes
You can not mask the pipes, but turn them into stylish and original decor elements, it looks very unusual and bright in the photo.
Some interesting ideas:
- Use decorative curly plants to mask. You need to fly a whole pipe so that the bathroom literally blossoms and transforms.
- Color the pipes. For decoration you can use floral, geometric, animalistic prints. For example, a pipe covered with spots may look like a leopard's tail.
- Use the mosaic. You can assemble it not only from finished small parts, but also, for example, from broken glass or from old ceramic tiles. Simply cover the tube with a tile adhesive and begin to collect the pattern. Stitch the seams with a grout. When creating a pattern, use your boldest ideas!
Some useful tips:
- Do not chop off the shoulders. First, think about everything well. First of all, make a communication plan, that is, find out where and how best to arrange the pipes. It is desirable to make a drawing in order to immediately make all the elements of the interior of the bathroom and understand how it will look. At this stage, immediately weigh all the pros and cons of each of the options and choose the optimal one. Then transfer the drawing to the wall, so as not to be mistaken in the measurements.
- Before closing the pipes( especially complex ones and even more capital constructions), make sure they are in good order. Seal all joints with sealant. If the pipes are not new, it is advisable to replace them immediately.
- When choosing the most suitable concealment method, consider the dimensions of the bathroom, as well as the peculiarities of the location of the pipes. So, if the area is not large, and there is a lack of space, the voluminous structures will be superfluous. In this case, it is better to remove all communications in the wall. It should also be done if there are many pipes and they are connected in some places( you simply can not close them with furniture or a box).If the communications are vertical, then to hide them, it is desirable to choose a locker.
- If the communications have valves that you use, then the camouflage in the walls or in the box will not work, because such a design will interfere with opening and closing the faucets. But you can make a hole or even a door in the area where the valve is located, it's very convenient.