Removal of the uterus and ovaries - the consequences of surgery
Despite the fact that this type of surgery is the most common and ahead of its number of conducts only by cesarean section, many women, faced with the corresponding problems, are afraid to take such a step. Fears about possible adverse consequences, as well as about how much the woman's way of life can change, make one doubt the need for an operation.
Actually, the picture looms quite different: the operation guarantees a healthy, long and full life. And about the possible outcome of treatment of the disease and the recovery period after it in more detail further.
Consequences of hysterosalpingoariasectomy
The most common effects of removal of the uterus and ovary are expressed in the following changes in the body's work:
- Emotional disorders. Depression, poor health, drowsiness, loss of interest in the surrounding reality, isolation - all these indicators are related to the seriousness of the operation. A girl can begin to feel unnecessary and useless in connection with the loss of ability to procreate. It requires the help of a psychologist.
- Inability to procreate. If a woman has not managed to get a child before the removal of organs, she has a chance to receive it in another way( adoption, guardianship, surrogate mothers).Women of the older age, this moment worries much less.
- Early menopause. Termination of menstruation and development of female hormones badly affects physical health. But this problem is successfully solved by the use of hormonal drugs.
- Risk of development of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Due to the fact that after the surgery, women automatically fall into the risk group for this disease, they are recommended to undergo an annual check for any deviations from the norm. Timely violations can be successfully cured.
- Increased risk of osteoporosis. This item is rarely seen in those who have had a uterus and ovaries excised. But the regular passage of examinations will not allow the illness to reach a critical state.
- Hormonal disorders. Also, like problems with menopause, this option is able to allow the intake of hormonal drugs.
Rehabilitation after operation
Patient is assigned a comprehensive rehabilitation after removal of the uterus and ovaries. Medicinal treatment is prescribed without fail and general recommendations are given:
- The course of treatment with antibiotics. Any surgical intervention causes strong stress and strain on the body. Increased risk of infection and development of infection. The course of taking antibiotics is necessary.
- Abstention from physical exertion. To reduce the risk of possible complications for a month after the operation, it is recommended that you take very careful consideration of your health: do not overwork, do not burden yourself with a large number of cases and, of course, do not impose heavy physical activities.
- Abstaining from sexual intercourse. Until all internal injuries are finally healed, sex is prohibited. Too much risk of injury and infection of internal organs.
- Taking painkillers. The stage of taking this medication begins immediately after the operation and ends by the end of the second week. Further the organism already goes on full amendment and in their use does not require.
- Reception of fortifying agents. For a speedy recovery and arrival in a normal state, special drugs and multivitamin complexes are prescribed. With the help of them, the body can recover much faster.
- Compliance with a special diet. In the postoperative period, you must consume protein-rich foods that will give strength to recovery.
After - it is necessary to carefully select your diet based on your own physiological parameters. Violation of the hormonal background is fraught with a strong weight gain, in order to avoid it it is necessary to adhere to a diet.