Therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis
For the removal of the painful syndrome, it is first necessary to take such a position that the muscles of the back, lumbar and cervical spine should be as relaxed as possible, for which you should lie on your back or stomach. In the position on the back, it is necessary to bend the legs in the knees and hip joints and put them on a high roller( for example, on a rolled blanket) so that the feet do not touch the bed( the legs should be hanging with the weakened legs).Under the waist, place a small soft pillow so that the lumbar tightly attached to it. The head end of the bed from the level of the shoulder blades should be slightly elevated.
Relaxation of the muscles of the back, lumbar and gluteal regions, as well as muscles of the lower extremities not only relieves the pain syndrome, but also contributes to the gradual elimination of the inflammatory process, resorption of the edema. And even creates prerequisites for scarring of cracks and ruptures of the so-called fibrous ring of intervertebral discs, halving the internal disk pressure. But of course, only in case of complete rest, because the active movements of limbs and trunk in an acute period significantly injure the degenerative disc and intensify the irritation of the nerve root. If there is deflection in the cervical spine, then at this point it is also necessary to lay a roller( for example, from a rolled towel).
With the position on your stomach you will need two pillows and a tight roller. One pillow - and necessarily fairly rigid - must be positioned so that its upper edge is at the level of the scallops of the iliac bones and the umbilical line. The second pillow is placed under the head and upper chest - up to the teat line, this is for the stomach to be a little on weight. Under the back surface of the ankle joints, a roller( for example, a rolled-up summer blanket) should be placed so that the legs in the knee joints are relaxed and bent( at an angle of 145-150 °).
The patient himself should conveniently lie down in order to reduce pain. The position lying on the abdomen and for rubbing all kinds of analgesic ointments( apizatron, nicofleks, etc.).After their rubbing, it is necessary to impose a wool on the grated naked body( preferably a scarf or large-knitted shawl, nap) and bandage with elastic bandage. To do this, you should stand on all fours( on your knees and outstretched hands, the palms should be at the same time with the shoulder joints).To rise it is necessary, simultaneously bending legs in knee and hip joints and resting against the back surface of the foot on the roller.
To learn slowly and carefully to take a pose on all fours is also necessary because it is "through it" that the patient will have to get out of bed and go back to bed if necessary. Getting up from the pose on all fours, you need to lower the less affected leg from the bed, and then, without unbending the sick leg, pull it off the bed and turn it loose and put it on the floor. Going to bed, you have to bend a sore leg in the knee and hip joints and, stretching out your arms, stand on the bed in a pose on all fours and then gently lie on your stomach.
In the complex of therapeutic and preventive measures for osteochondrosis, swimming is also successfully used. But of course, not during a period of exacerbation of the disease, but only when there are no complaints of pain in the spine and limbs. You have to swim in an indoor pool, where there is heated water, there are no drafts and other conditions for cooling. Before swimming, you should do in the water, holding on to the handrail of the pool, a few physical exercises, such as: swinging your legs, taking your legs to the sides, circular movements with a straight leg, squats.
In osteochondrosis, swimming is useful because water is known to reduce body weight, movements are performed effortlessly, muscles are not overextended, stiffness disappears, and the amplitude of movements in joints increases. The most effective is swimming on the back. The point is that in this case the optimal conditions are created in the most mobile part of the spine( in the cervical and lumbar regions): with relaxation of the muscles( and especially the muscles of the back and neck), as well as with decreasing bends of the spine, the load on the intervertebral discs decreases,vertebrae and the compression of nerve roots in the places of their exit from the spinal canal is eliminated.
A new healing technique developed in the consultative spinal center of the Moscow Clinical Hospital No. 6 is a new technique for paired massage. The painful syndrome is removed with such a massage from the first procedure( not only with acute osteochondrosis, but also with discogenic radiculitis, rheumatism, and with the disc dropped, the disk is replaced by a massage stretching with hands - so-called manual therapy).
During the pair massage, two masseurs synchronously, using the same methods, massage the back, collar zone, neck, both hands, waist, both buttocks and both legs. Under the action of paired massage, lymph and blood circulation improves, puffiness disappears( especially in the lumbar and sacral regions), muscle tone relaxes, painless mobility of the spine restores with the change of body position and during walking.
However, a pair massage, and even during a period of exacerbation of the disease, can only be done by specially trained personnel, therefore it is impossible to engage in amateur activities in the home in such a massage.
Similarly, you can not do at home and stretching the spine. This requirement must be specified specifically here is why. With osteochondrosis of the cervical spine, traction is performed using a special Glisson loop in the sitting position( best in the pool).It is very important in this case to determine not only the very need for stretching( according to X-ray images and the overall clinical picture), but also the duration of the procedure.
However, some patients themselves buy or sew a Glisson loop and at home stretch the spine as much as they want. And meanwhile such uncontrolled stretching is fraught with the extension of the ligamentous apparatus, protrusion or even prolapse of the intervertebral discs. Extension of the spine in the thoracic and lumbar areas should also be carried out only under the supervision of the doctor( indicating how many minutes it is necessary to stretch, in what position, how many times a week, etc.).Remember that unauthorized extensions can cause irreparable harm to your health.
Accessible and effective for osteochondrosis of the spine are exercises with a gymnastic stick.
1. The initial position( i.p.) - standing, feet on the width of the shoulders, in the hands of a stick, hands on the width of the shoulders. Flap circular movements with a stick in front of the chest clockwise and counter-clockwise. Repeat 6-10 times in each direction, the tempo is average. Breathing is free.
2. AI - the same, the ends of the stick rest against the palms of the hands. Turn the stick vertically to the right with a simultaneous turn of the head to the right;the same to the left. Repeat 6-10 times in each direction, the tempo is average. Breathing is free.
3. The stamping is the same, in the hands of a stick, hands brushing the width of the shoulders. Raise the stick up above your head - inhale, lower - exhale. Repeat 3-4 times, the tempo is slow.
4. AI - the same, in the hands of a stick, the arms are bent in the elbow joints, the stick is at the level of the neck, the chin is lowered. Simultaneously unbend his arms with a stick in the elbow joints and pull them forward in front of the chest, simultaneously raise his chin and tilt his head back;return to and. Repeat 6 times, the tempo is average. Breathing is free.
5. The item is the same, in the hands of a stick, the arms are bent at the elbow joints, the stick behind the head. In the support of the stick simultaneously turn the head and shoulders, non-stop, 6 times in each direction, the tempo is average. Breathing is free.
6. The item is the same, in the hands of a stick, hands are raised above the head. Inhale, bend forward and lower the stick to your knees - exhale. Repeat 3 times, the tempo is slow.
7. AI - the same, in the hands of a stick, arms raised above the head. Bend the right hand and simultaneously turn the head to the left, then the same to the right side. Repeat 4-6 times in each direction, the tempo is medium and slow. Breathing is free.
8. AI - the same, the arms are bent, the stick behind the back, is clamped with elbow joints. Simultaneously turn the body and head to the right and without stopping to the left. Repeat 4-6 times in each direction, the pace is average. Breathing is free.
9. The item is the same, in the hands of a stick, the hands are lowered. Half-sitting, while raising a stick on the outstretched arms forward in front of the chest - exhale, return to and.etc. - inhale. Repeat 3 times, the tempo is slow.
I would like to remind you that osteochondrosis of the spine( in any department) is incompatible with sports wrestling, barbell exercises, dumbbells and weights, ski jumping( skiing or water), skating, horse riding, motor and motor sport, with any exercises,(especially when swinging backwards), in the visors and restraints on gymnastic shells( on horseback, crossbeam, razor-high bars), as well as with pole exercises, throwing( disc, grenade, hammer), shot put, aerobic exercises.
And one more caution. When practicing physical exercises in all forms, it is necessary to remember that when the abdominal muscles contract( with the strengthening of the abdominal press) the ileum-lumbar muscles reflexively reflex, the main parts of which begin from the transverse processes and the body of the 12th thoracic vertebra and all the lumbar vertebrae. As a result, their stress can cause a shift in the painfully altered vertebra and exacerbate the disease. That's why exercises for the abdominal press need to be excluded from the complexes of therapeutic gymnastics.