How delicious to cook a little quail in the oven?
If you get tired of common dishes from the usual ingredients, then do something interesting out of unusual components. For example, buy a quail and prepare a gorgeous dinner.
What is it?
A quail is a small bird from the genus of pheasant, subfamily of partridges and a detachment of chickens. In nature there are about 10 species, but two of them by mankind are almost completely exterminated. And one species( common quail) is considered the most common and even bred in the household by many farmers.
If a few years ago the meat of the quail was considered delicate, then today it is increasingly found on the shelves of stores. The length of one carcass is usually not more than 20 centimeters, and its weight does not exceed 150 grams.
Quail meat is quite useful and on dietary properties surpasses chicken and even rabbit meat. In 100 grams contains only 230-250 calories. In addition, such a product contains a lot of necessary substances for a person, for example, protein, vitamins C, PP, B1, B2, A, as well as calcium, phosphorus, iron, sodium, magnesium, potassium and much more. The taste of quail fillet is tender and pleasant.
How to choose?
What should I look for when choosing a quail in a store?
- If you buy chilled carcasses, then evaluate the meat. It should be light pink and quite elastic. After pressing the fillet will quickly return to its previous form.
- Frozen carcasses can not be too heavy. A lot of weight will say that the manufacturers went too far with the ice.
- If possible, evaluate the odor. It should be barely perceptible and rather pleasant, like the smell of chicken meat.
How to store?
A chilled carcass can lie in the fridge for about a week( but it's better to use meat at once).In the freezer the shelf life is increased to several months.
If you purchased a whole carcass, then preparation is required. It consists of several stages:
- First cut off the neck and legs, and cut off the tips of the wings. All this can be used to make broth.
- If feathers appear on the skin, then scorch the carcass. To do this, rub it with alcohol and lightly fry in a pan, then remove any excess.
- Then you can grate the carcass with salt, so that it a little pomarinovalas.
What should I cook?
How delicious to prepare quail? Recipes are a great variety, because quail meat can be fried, stewed, boiled and baked - any dishes turn out delicious. We offer several options for cooking.
Variant the first
Bake a quail in the oven in a creamy garlic sauce. You will need the following ingredients:
- 3-5 carcass quail;
- 5-7 cloves of garlic;
- 5 table spoons of sour cream;
- ½ lemon;
- 1-2 bunches of fennel greens;
- 1-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- Prepare quail carcasses for the beginning. Rinse them in running water and dry them well with paper towels. Then sprinkle each carcass with lemon juice and salt with salt. Let the quail be marred for at least half an hour.
- Now start cooking the sauce. First, peel and chop the garlic. It is most convenient to do this with the help of garlic press. Mix garlic with sour cream and add salt and pepper. Thoroughly mix everything.
- Prepare the pan. Lubricate the bottom with vegetable oil so that nothing burns. And even better, lay the bottom of the foil( it should also be oiled).
- Now each carcass abundantly grease with sour-garlic sauce and lay on a baking sheet.
- Return the pan to the oven, heated to 180 degrees, for about 40-50 minutes.
- You will get succulent and appetizing quail as in a restaurant.
Option of the second
Delicious quails are prepared, cooked in a frying pan with onions. You will need the following ingredients:
- 2 quail carcasses;
- 1 onion;
- 5-6 table spoons of olive oil;
- 1/3 teaspoon of rosemary;
- salt and pepper to taste.
- First, prepare quail carcasses. If necessary, scorch them, dry and separate. To do this, cut each carcass along the abdomen, unfold the carcass and cut it along the ridge. As a result, you will have two parts.
- Prepare the marinade: mix the olive oil( 3 tablespoons, leave the rest for frying) with rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub this mixture of quail carcasses and leave them to marinate for half an hour.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, then spread the quail. Fry them slightly on one side, then lightly on the other, then turn the carcasses and fry them until the appetizing crust appears and turn over again to fry the other side.
- Onion peel and cut into thin half rings, spread it into a frying pan with quails. Cover the frying pan with a lid and simmer the quail with onions for about 20 minutes. As a result, the meat will become tender and juicy, and the onions will crack a little.
Prepare the quails in the mustard-honey marinade in the sleeve. To do this, you will need the following ingredients:
- 4 quail carcasses;
- 1 teaspoon of honey;
- 2 teaspoons of mustard;
- 1 teaspoon of salt;
- 2 garlic cloves;
- pepper and salt to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- To begin with, prepare the marinade. Mix honey( it should not be too thick and candied), mustard, salt, 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, pepper, and garlic crushed garlic. Mix everything well.
- Lubricate quail carcasses with marinade and leave them to marinate for the night or at least for several hours, so that the meat soaks well and becomes more tender.
- Place the carcass in a baking sleeve, tie it from both sides and put it on a baking sheet.
- Return the pan to the oven, heated to 180-190 degrees, for about half an hour.
- After half an hour, cut the sleeve and send the baking sheet to the oven for another 5-10 minutes, so that the quails are browned.
We offer you a recipe for quails with vegetables. For cooking you will need:
- 5 carcass quail;
- 3 potatoes;
- 1 small eggplant;
- 1 Bulgarian pepper;
- 1 carrot;
- 2 tomatoes;
- 1 onion;
- 5 tablespoons of mayonnaise;
- salt and pepper to taste;
- vegetable oil.
- Quail the carcasses and dry, then salt with salt and pepper and leave for half an hour.
- While the quail is marinated, take care of vegetables. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes.
- Eggplant cut along and immerse for 15 minutes in salted water to remove bitterness, and then cut into cubes.
- Peel onion and cut into half rings. Carrots grate on a coarse grater.
- Remove the Bulgarian pepper from the seeds, remove the stems. Cut it into cubes.
- Cut tomatoes into small cubes too.
- Mix all the vegetables and salt.
- Now cut the foil into squares approximately 35x35 cm in size. A total of five sheets are required.
- Take one sheet of foil, oil it with oil. In the center put one carcass of quail, around of it and from above lay vegetables. Also put a tablespoon of mayonnaise on top. Wrap the foil by connecting its ends at the top. So do with the remaining carcass and vegetables.
- Bake the quails in the oven for 40-50 minutes at 190 degrees.
Enjoy unusual and tasty dishes from quails!